Vector Images and GTK

Hello everybody,
I am developing a GTK application in FC3 linux. The images for the
application are provided by the client as WMF formats.
As this application will be dynamic i have to include those files as it is.

I heard that vector images like WMF gets rasterized when opened in GIMP.
Is that what happens also in the application when we include vector images
in the application using gdk_create_xpm?

If yes, then how can we render the vector images as it is for the images are
dissized that is the image seems different (as if x or y dimension has been
increased) when displayed thru the mentioned function?

Please anyone help me
i got to complete this project within two weeks.

Sincerely Vishnu