Re: GdkPixbuf and FIFO's

On 8/22/05, Alex Levin <alex cacmedia tv> wrote:
Hi everyone.  I'm trying to pass a GdkPixbuf object through a FIFO from
one thread to another.  Does anyone have any code snippets which does
something similar to this?  Thanks in advance.

If the two threads are in the same process, you could just send a
pointer to the pixbuf.

If they are not in the same address space, I guess you could use
gdk_pixbuf_save_to_buffer() to write the pixbuf to a memory area, then
send down the FIFO, then reconstruct with a pixbuf loader.

John