Resizing an image widget

Hi all -

First time here, thanks for having a look at this.

I have a window, consisting of a horizontal box, with 3 vboxes in it.
One vbox contains an image, another a set of labels and the third has
text entry widgets.

How can I resize the image to the unexpanded size of the vboxes
containing the labels & the text entry widgets? If this is at all
possible, ofcourse. The way things are now is that I have the full
size image on the left, with the labels & textentries either
vertically spread out, or simply plastered to the top of the window.

I'd rather have an eventbox surrounding the image (so that clicking
will open a full-size view), and the image cropped/resized to the size
of the 2nd and 3rd box.

(I'm using Python, by the way).

Thanks in advance,

Mathieu