Re: changing the bg of a widget

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 14:34:53 +0200
Luka Napotnik <luka napotnik gmail com> wrote:

Hello. I'm trying to change the background of a vbox but it doesn't
change. I call gtk_widget_modify_bg(window_main->box_main,
GTK_STATE_NORMAL, &bgColor) where bgColor is set to white. Why does this
not work? I have a GtkImage with an image in the vbox and that's all. If
I resize the window, the color is still the same.

As I understand it, vbox is a container, which doesn't have a background
color of its own, as it expects to be filled with widgets. So maybe you
shoud change the bg color of the image or put the image on something you
can fill.

John