Ant: Re: How to convert file names from

thanks for your hint. But I tried to find a solution
for the problem. The string with the german charkter
will be changed after
gtk_file_chooser_get_filename(...)! AT the place of a
german charakter another charakter (value = -61) is
appended. After this  charakter the value for the
german special charakter follows but it is decreased
with 64!
I wrote a little function to solve the problem. It
seems to be ok now (for german special charakters)! In
my opinion it is a bug from
gtk_file_chooser_get_filename(...). So where I have to
report it (I never found a bug before ...).

Perhaps someone wants to use this information or wants
to test it. You have to use FilePath =
Here is the function:

gboolean repair_gtk_file_name (gchar *FilePath)
  int i, j = 0;

  if (FilePath != NULL && strlen (FilePath) > 0)
    for (i = 0; i < strlen (FilePath); i++)
       if (FilePath[i] == -61)
          for (j = i; j < strlen (FilePath); j++)
            FilePath[j] = FilePath[j+1];
          FilePath[i] += 64;
    return TRUE;
    return FALSE;

--- Hubert Soko³owski <h sokolowski wsisiz edu pl>

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 13:22:52 +0200 (CEST)
Christian Schneider
<christian_schneider_2000 yahoo de> wrote:

/* Open file with iso_string */
file = fopen (iso_string, "rb");

file == Null if a german special charakter is
it is better to use GIOChannel for operations on
files. I have
experienced strange problems on win32 when using
fopen and the family.

Gesendet von Yahoo! Mail - Jetzt mit 1GB Speicher kostenlos - Hier anmelden: