How do I remove one row from a GtkTreeStore?

I used the function gtk_tree_store_set () to put some data into the
treestore.  I've got half a dozen root nodes, and several of them have
child nodes.  All looks spiffy.

Now I want to remove the 4th item from the tree.  When I put things into
the tree I made a path from the new iter, made a row ref from the path,
and saved it in a table associated with the handle for my data.  So I
have a rowref, which I can turn back into a path, and from there back
into an iter (what a pain).

I see the function called gtk_tree_store_remove(), but it just says it
removes the iter.

Is there a function to remove this one entry from the treestore, or must
I remove them all and re-build the whole treestore?

  // Wally