Re: pass the html file to a browser to open there

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 08:25:23 -0700 (PDT)
Yogesh M <yzonesoft yahoo com> wrote:

I have written a program which works under windows and linux, I have written the help in html. If the user
presses F1, then I want gtk to call a browser and open html. can it be done in gtk.

just as an example

#ifdef __WIN32__
#define BROWSER "explorer"
#else
#define BROWSER "firefox"
#endif

void print_open (const gchar *path)
{
  GError *error = NULL;
  gchar *s;

  s = g_strdup_printf ("%s %s", BROWSER, path);
  if (!g_spawn_command_line_async (s, &error))
    ... // show some error message and free error
  g_free (s);
}

but you should check first that firefox is available when on unix
system.