GtkSpinbutton up/down buttons remain depressed

Hi all,

I am trying to write a gtk2-based gui for an app that visualizes antenna properties for different frequencies. The user changes freq by clicking the up/down buttons
of a GtkSpinbutton that holds the current value of the frequency. I use the
value_changed signal to read the new freq and then re-calculate and re-draw the
new data in a drawingarea widget.

Apparently GTK issues the value_changed signal before updating the spinbutton widget so that program flow goes to the functions that calculate freq data, which results in the up/down buttons remaining depressed, with the spinbutton value
continually stepping itself up to it limit.

I would greately appreciate any hints on this probelm, since its the last remaining
bug in the GUI ;-)

My thanks in advance!

--
Regards

Neoklis    Ham Radio Call: 5B4AZ  QTH Loc: KM64MR