Usage of the About Dialog

Hello everyone,

I'm wondering if anybody has had any success using the GtkAboutDialog.
More specifically, I am wondering how to use the two methods,
gtk_about_dialog_set_url_hook () and gtk_about_dialog_set_email_hook ().
From my searching, I realize that these create callbacks to whatever
functions I like, but my problem is, what do I put in those functions.
Obviously, I would like the url hook to open up a browser, and the email
hook to open up the user's email program, but how do I do that? I am
working with windows users, so gnomelib-based solutions are out (unless
someone knows how to make it work in windows).

Also, if anybody is using the email and url hooks in their own
applications, I'd love to see what you're doing with it.

Thanks in advance,

Matthew