g_spawn_async_with_pipes problems

Hello people.

I call an external program, like this:

  ok = g_spawn_async_with_pipes("/tmp", argv, NULL,
                G_SPAWN_SEARCH_PATH,
                NULL, NULL, NULL,
                &std_in, &std_out, &std_err,
                &error);

For both the std_out and std_err file descriptors, I connected g_io_watch
functions. I didn't do that for std_in, as I wanted to send commands on
that pipe asynchronously.

This works if instead of std_in, I write NULL in the spawn call. Just
modifying the line to what is above, seems to block both stdout and
stderr output pipes.

Could someone point me to some application where g_spawn_async_with_pipes
is uses with all three pipes used? I asked Dr Google without success.

Thanks,
John