GdkEvent --> XEvent

Hi all,
    As usual, I'm trying to do something that just wasnt' meant to be
done :)  (otherwise when would I have any fun ?)

I'm trying to write a widget that will display a netscape gecko plugin stream on linux, the plugin framework delivers an XEvent to the plugin
and lets the plugin "react", essentially; I want to do this:

gint
widget_event_handler (GtkWidget *widget,
                      GdkEvent  *event,
                      gpointer   data)
{
    FunkyPointer fptr = gdk_get_some_obscure_internal_thingy ();
    XEvent *event = fptr->walk->the->obscure->structures;

    deliver_event_to_plugin (plugin, event);
}

Hmmm,
    surly the XEvent isnt "gone" during the emission is it ?

Cheers,
                                  -Tristan

/me ducks to avoid incomming shrapnel