Re: glib installation

hi

Thanks for your reply. I did manage to change the
variable but the problem still exists. My pkgconfig
folder is in /usr/lib.
Even when i check by pkg-config --modversion tells me
that i have got the latest installed.
did you remove the old version? how does the compiled program checks for
glib?
to make sure you have only one version of .pc file for a package you could
move all files from /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig to /usr/lib/pkgconfig and
make a symlink /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig -> /usr/lib/pkgconfig
mv -fv /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/* /usr/lib/pkgconfig
rm -r /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig
ln -s /usr/lib/pkgconfig /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig
ofcouse by root user.