Window size and position

Hello,
I'm currently coding a small application. I want the main window to
remember its size and position every time it is started.

To do so i call gdk_drawable_get_size and gdk_window_get_position when
the program exits, and gdk_window_move_resize when the program is
started again.

For some strange reasons the window position changes "on its own".

Example:
I start the program, moves the main window around and close the program.
The program stores the window position x=406, y=97.

I start the progam again and close it straight away without moving the
window.
For some reason the position retrieves by gdk_window_get_position
changes to x=411, y=120.

And so on.

Has anyone had this problem before? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mathias