Re: Small question about GtkTextView

You can use the "insert-text" signal of GtkTextBuffer  to filter input and
the "mark-set" signal to catch cursor movements.

Pavel Syomin wrote:

Hi, I'm try to create something like console widget using GtkTextView, but I'm confronted with some difficults. I want to process user input before change GtkTextBuffer, but don't know how to do it. For example, when user press "up arrow" or "down arrow" key I need to change current line in GtkTextBuffer and when user press "Enter" I need to call function. I read Gtk API reference, but didn't find answer for my question. Any ideas?