Re: file system

On April 20, 2005 03:53 am, srinivas wrote:
hi;

 i want to know the function to read the Linux file hierarchy,
so that i can able to display the file hierarchy in tree-view,
also how to add a check box to the treeview.

I presume something like the GtkFileChooserWidget or
GtkFileChooserDialog or GtkFileSelection won't do what you want
already.

Then you might want to look at how those are written to see how
they read the directory structure.

I haven't looked yet but I expect they use
opendir/readdir/closedir

As for adding a check box to the treeview, I don't understand
exactly where in the treeview you want it.  I presume you want a
check box against each entry in the tree.  In that case the
examples in the GTK+ 2.0 Tree View Tutorial should help.

thanks;

vas.