Re: aligning label strings

On Mon, 2005-04-11 at 21:29, Marc Santhoff wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to put the strings of several equally sized buttons in a one
row table in a special way:

|  F1 - first string                     |
|  F2 - something completely different   |
|  F3 - ...                              |

The problem for me is to deal with strings having arbitrary lengths not
know until creation of this buttons.

What GUI structure and alignment settings would make ensure these Labels
are appearing left aligned in a row (maybe being centered by the longest
string)?

If i understand right: you want vertically packed buttons with labels
that align to the left?

Pack the buttons into a vbox or a table column and use
  gtk_button_set_alignment(button, 0.0, 0.5);

Markus.