How to get to the current theme ?

Hello,

I have a program that paints widgets to an offscreen pixmap. All my widgets are realized and parented off a toplevel GtkWindow which is not shown on screen. It works, but widgets do not update style when the theme changes and continue paint using old style. I presume this happens because i never call gtk_main().

So can i update widgets' style somehow without calling gtk_main()? Can i query the theme currently set and update my widgets to use it? I imagine something like:

    if ("gnome_get_current_theme" () != old_theme) { //theme has changed
        "update_theme_for_all_widgets" (window);

Thanks!
--
Peter                           peterz at rin dot ru