Re: aligning label strings

On Mon, Apr 11, 2005 at 09:29:32PM +0200, Marc Santhoff wrote:
I'm trying to put the strings of several equally sized buttons in a one
row table in a special way:

I suppose you mean column (or I don't understand).

|  F1 - first string                     |
|  F2 - something completely different   |

The problem for me is to deal with strings having arbitrary lengths not
know until creation of this buttons.

What GUI structure and alignment settings would make ensure these Labels
are appearing left aligned in a row (maybe being centered by the longest
string)?

You can each part of the label separately to a hbox (with
appropriate alignment) and pack that hboxes to buttons.
Then use GtkSizeGroups to make the labels equally wide.

Yeti