Changed callback emitted twice ??

hello,

I am calling this function on the changed signal emitted from the textentry
of the combobox....The problem is that whenever i select the text from the
combobox then this changed signal is emitted twice....giving me the output
as shown below:

/* Function to fetch the active selected text from the combobox*/
void enter_callback (GtkEntry *entry, gpointer user_data)
{
const gchar *entry_text;
GtkWidget *Mywidget,*VCTG;
Mywidget=lookup_widget(VCTG,"seccmbentry");
entry_text = gtk_entry_get_text (GTK_ENTRY (Mywidget));
printf ("Entry contents: %s\n", entry_text);
}

OUTPUT
Entry contents:
Entry contents:Font
Entry contents:
Entry contents: Color

This seems that the only the second call contains some data otherwise not..I
tried using the avtivate but u have to use th e enter key with it.which i
dont want...So i used the changed signal but it is emitted twice........

Am i missing somehting over here that i should be using......??