Re: Newbey Question

Jamiil Abdullah-Alkadir writes:
I did as you suggested, however, I now get an error saying that the
'-lXext' library was not found. I ran 'find /usr -name *Xext*' and
I did find '/usr/X11R6/bin/cygXext-6.dll'. Is there anything I can
do to solve this problem?

I can't understand why you want to run GTK+ on X11 on Cygwin. Yes, I
know it is possible, and I think some even have managed to run full
(more or less?) GNOME or KDE environments on Cgywin, but what's the
real usefulness of that? Surely, if you want X11 and Unix, running a
real Unix operating system (for instance Linux) would be much simpler?
(In a VMware virtual machine if you don't have any spare real
machine.)

--tml