Re: Newbie Question

On Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 02:26:48PM -0300, Tomaz Canabrava wrote:
i have a function defined by

void window_createMatrix(int rows, int colums, float **pointerMatrix, );

and a button "WhatSoEver"

is there a way to use the function by clicking the button?
i try to use the g_connect_event(G_OBJECT(WhatSoEver), "clicked",
window_createMatrix, Parameters List);
but the g_connect_event only takes 4 parameters, and my function
requires 3 more.

You can create atrbitrary complex structure and pass
a pointer to it as user_data.  The signal handler then
unpacks it and calls your function with the appropriate
arguments.

This is probably the single most frequently asked question
ever -- competing with `I installed GLib to /somewhere, but
forgot to add /somewhere/lib/pkgconfig to PKG_CONFIG_PATH.'
Maybe it could be added to the FAQ, even though it has
nothing to do with Gtk+, just with general programming in C.

Yeti