Re: Non-english strings
- From: "David Necas (Yeti)" <yeti physics muni cz>
- To: Russell Shaw <rjshaw netspace net au>
- Cc: gtk-app-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Non-english strings
- Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2005 18:04:53 +0200
On Sun, Apr 03, 2005 at 01:59:38AM +1000, Russell Shaw wrote:
How are gtk apps translated to other languages? Does someone need
to rewrite all the gtk_label strings in a program?
See gettext: http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/
All strings obviously have to be translated. But equaly
obviously, this is not done by changing them in application
source code. How would switching lanaguge run-time (by
changing locales) work then?
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
] [Thread Prev