gcc vs. msvc

Hi!

I would like to share my experience with Tor's gtk2 and gtk2 compiled
with msvc 6.0. I compiled glib2, atk and gtk2, but without pango (I had
problems during runtime with 'assertion failed' error).
with msvc dlls my program works exactly the same, no faster no slower.
I hoped I could increase drawing to GdkGC which is much slower on
windows then on linux but Tor was right, the compiler in this issue is
not the case. I hope that in the future gtk will run on windows as fast
as on linux. I wish I could help with it.

regards,
--
Hubert Sokolowski