Re: Suggesting file extension in GtkFileChooser Save dialogs?

On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 11:18:47PM -0700, Brian wrote:
In my python program it does not loose anything you do not delete on
purpose.

Sorry, I don't see how your answer relates to my question.  Your
code fragment seems to check for the existence of a file before
overwriting it.

My problem was that I want to suggest a filename extension to the
user in the 'Save'-mode of a GtkFileChooser.  With
gtk_file_chooser_set_current_name() I can set a default filename,
e.g. foo.ext. However, once the user starts typing, all of "foo.ext"
is gone.

My question was if there is a way to make only "foo" selected in
the text entry field in the GtkFileChooser, instead of all of
"foo.ext", so that when the user starts typing, only the "foo" is
deleted and the ".ext" remains.

Cheers,
 Thomas