gtk_file_chooser with app specific filesystem

Hi,

at the moment I'm using gtk_file_chooser_dialog_new to provide the user
the ability to select a file from the standard filesystem. But the
program also has it's own virtuell filesystem(VFS). Now it would be
great if I can use gtk_file_chooser to select files from the VFS.

Now I've a few questions:
Is it right that I have to implement a gtkfilesystem for that reason?
How can I use it with gtk_file_chooser then? Is it then possible to use
booth filesystems within one gtk_file_chooser_dialog?

Thanks, Michael