Re: Generating complex toolbars with GtkUIManager

Dnia 26-08-2004, czw o godzinie 11:00 +0200, Laurent Sansonetti napisał:
Hi,

I'm currently trying to integrate GtkUIManager in a small project, and
I was wondering if it's possible to handle complex toolbars (with text
entries, dropdown lists, etc...).

Here is a screenshot of the current toolbar, generated with Glade:

http://alexandria.rubyforge.org/alexandria_icons.png

The View as... action is currently repeated 4 times: in the View menu,
in the toolbar and in 2 popup menus (you can easily understand why I'm
interested in GtkUIManager :)).

Is it possible to create a dropdown list with those actions in a
toolbar using GtkUIManager?  It seems to be OK for the menu and the
popups (since it is a submenu), but in the case of the toolbar the
only available widget seems to be GtkToolItem.  Same question for a
text entry.

Kinda late reply, but in case you didn't find the answer yet:
Remember that GtkToolItem is GtkContainer, so you can simply add any
widget you wish to it. There are special classes for buttons and
separators, since they should exhibit slightly different behavior when
used in toolbar than when used standalone (such as presence of
description label, whether to display icon or text or both, etc.). For
widgets that don't need special treatment, just go straight with
GtkToolItem.

HTH,
Maciej

--