RE: Question on gtk_text_buffer_cut_clipboard

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I'm using GTK+ 2.0.6.

-Gaurav

-----Original Message-----
From: gtk-app-devel-list-bounces gnome org
[mailto:gtk-app-devel-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Gaurav Jain
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2004 4:53 PM
To: gtk-app-devel-list gnome org
Subject: Question on gtk_text_buffer_cut_clipboard

Hi,

I'm using the API gtk_text_buffer_cut_clipboard() to cut the selected
text from a text buffer corresponding to a text view widget.  What is
happening is that the text is NOT getting copied to the clipboard,
though the selected text is getting removed from the text view.

On the other hand, COPYing works, with a call to
gtk_text_buffer_cut_clipboard(), in which case the selected text is
getting copied to the clipboard correctly.

Why is there such a behavior?  Am I missing something in my
interpretation of these APIs? (NOTE: I'm setting the third parameter to
gtk_text_buffer_cut_clipboard() as TRUE, as the text is default editable
in my case).

Thanks,
-Gaurav