RE: Welcome to the "gtk-app-devel-list" mailing list (Digest mode)

I am a novice at gtk and I am trying to install it onto my linux machine (fedora2). I have added the
following packages:
-pkg-config
-GNU make
-JPEG, TIFF
-FreeType
-fontconfig
-GNU libiconv library
-GNU gettext
-Glib 2.4.6

The problem I am having is that every time I try to ./configure the pango 1.4.1, I keep getting this error:
GLIB 2.4.0 or better is required. But I just downloaded glib 2.4.6. How do I get rid of glib2.4.0 and make it
detect glib 2.4.2? Any suggestions. I am fairly new and stuck.