Re: atk compiled using msvc6

The version I built using msvc71  is at 72k I used the following options:
/Ox /Og /Os /G6 /GF /FD /MD
/Fo"Release/atk/" /Fd"Release/atk/vc70.pdb" /W3 /nologo /c /Zi /TC

It's possible that 45kB is reasonable, after removing debugging symbols I can get mine down to 61kB.

-todd

Tor Lillqvist wrote:

> I compiled atk and the dll file has only 45kB. does this mean that Tor's
> atk dll which has 185kB has debug informations ?

It is compiled without -g, but it does have some symbols left
anyway. But stripping those still leaves its size at 124416 bytes, so
I don't understand how you can get it to be just 45 kB size?

> this gives hope that gtk runtime environment for windows can take less
> hard disk space.

As long as we aren't talking about orders of magnitude, I doubt
minimizing the disk space required for an installation is a goal for
GTK developers...

--tml