Re: manual pages

On Sun, Oct 31, 2004 at 01:19:52PM -0700, Neil Zanella wrote:
I would love to have manual pages installed on the system with all the gtk
function calls. Is it possible to produce this, perhaps from the DocBook
sources? The online documentation is really great, and having those
docs available from the command line would be even better.

All the HTML documentation is installed with Gtk+ (i.e.,
off-line) in $datadir/gtk-doc/html.  And .devhelp files
allow to easily display documentation of a given function in
links/dillo/mozilla -remote/whatever with a simple script.
I've even wrote a tool that does approximate matching when
it doesn't find the identifier exactly (but it's pain to set
up so I'm not linking it here).  If you want command line
doc browsing and not exactly man pages, there's IMHO no need
to generate them.

Yeti

--
Dynamic IP address is not a crime.