Linking against gtk+-2.0 on Solaris

Hi!

Our sysadmin was kind enough to install gtk+, pkg-config,
auto{make,config,etc.} and everything else necessary for building a gtk
app on our Solaris machines.  All works well, up to and not including the
final step of building, namely linking. That is: aclocal, automake,
and autoconf all return no errors, and the configure script is generated
just fine. Upon completing configure, make works just fine, except for the
final command line, which is supposed to link it all together.

At this point, a flood of "Undefined symbol"s appears, and not just for
those function calls we make inside the program, but also for those that
libgtk-x11-2.0.so makes to gdk, pango, et. al.

The command line generated by configure for the linking correctly locates
libgtk-x11-2.0.so in /usr/local/lib, and specifies -L/usr/local/lib, as
well as -lgtk-x11-2.0 (and all the other -l args necessary for gdk,
gdk_pixbuf, pango, atk, etc.).  The .so files corresponding to all these
libraries can be found in /usr/local/lib.

Is there something special I need to do to make linking work ? Maybe I
need to modify the LDFLAGS in some way ?

I appreciate any help you can give me in this regard.

Thanks !