Re: GtkFileChooserDialog and profilers

On Wed, Oct 27, 2004 at 01:22:57PM +0200, Carlo Agrusti wrote:
does anybody know why a call to gtk_file_chooser_dialog_new causes
valgrind to crash and memprof to freeze? Or am I doing something wrong?

I had this strange behaviour even with this simple test code:

#include <gtk/gtk.h>

int main (int argc, char * argv[]) {
    GtkWidget * dialog;
    char      * filename;

    gtk_init (&argc, &argv);

    dialog = gtk_file_chooser_dialog_new (
                        "Open File",
                        NULL,
                        GTK_FILE_CHOOSER_ACTION_OPEN,
                        GTK_STOCK_CANCEL, GTK_RESPONSE_CANCEL,
                        GTK_STOCK_OPEN, GTK_RESPONSE_ACCEPT,
                        NULL);

    if (gtk_dialog_run (GTK_DIALOG (dialog)) == GTK_RESPONSE_ACCEPT) {
        filename = gtk_file_chooser_get_filename (
                                           GTK_FILE_CHOOSER (dialog));
      g_free (filename);
    }
    gtk_widget_destroy (dialog);
    return 0;
}

It doesn't make my valgrind crash.

Anything you might be doing wrong is not obvious from the
info you posted.

Yeti

--
Dynamic IP address is not a crime.