why does gnome-desktop package fix my app???

I'm developing a gtk application that uses gnome themes. I put inside my
code the gnome machine that manages themes and it works properly! (I think
so!)
The problem occurs in my menus... There are shadowed fields (when the
field is insensitive its background become darker) and normal fields (when
the field is sensitive). Well, lets to the problem! The seperated area for
the shadowed fields doesn't fit (verticaly speaking) with its text (making
a scrambled scenario!) .

So it's solved installing the gnome-desktop package! I wanna know why???
Is it a changed lib or what???

Thanks for readme,

André Pedralho
INdT - AM