GTK 2.2 compatibility and GTK 2.4+ widgets

There is a way to know if a widget is available only in a particular version of GTK 2.x?

I'm developing an application on a GTK 2.4 machine with the target to be able to run it also on GTK 2.2, since most distributions of the past two years still has that installed.

It's the second time I have to disable a feature I've added since I've discovered (compiling on a GTK 2.2 machine) that the widget doesn't exists on that! (gtk_combo_entry, gtk_color_button...)

It will be nice to have in the widget documentation the GTK version in whitch a particular widget has been introduced.

Bye,
 Gabry