-----Original Message-----
From: gtk-app-devel-list-bounces gnome org
[mailto:gtk-app-devel-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of
Brian Hanley
Sent: Monday, October 18, 2004 1:03 PM
To: GTK App Dev List
Subject: pixmaps

Hi All,

I would like to draw on a GdkPixmap, and place the pixmap in
an GtkImage widget. Unfortunately, whenever I call "show" on
the resulting image widget, I get an Xlib error.

I suspect it may be a colormap or GC problem, but am not sure.

I suppose I could use a GtkDrawingArea, but I'd prefer to avoid an
unnecessary "expose" callback. Less complicated and more efficient
to have a widget that knows how to redraw itself without my help.

Which colormap and GC should I be using?
What depths have to match up?

Is there a way to get a better error description than just X
error code 8, "bad match"?

Tutorials/advice?

Brian