Using modifier+return in Gtk_Entry

Although I'm using GtkAda and not Gtk itself, I think this question
fits here as well as it's a general question and not an Ada specific
one. If you feel that there's a better place to ask or if it's a
frequently asked question I'm happy with just a pointer where to have a
look.

I'm successfully using the Gtk_Entry widget in order to have the user
enter some text and when he presses return, the "activate" signal calls
the handler I registered and everything is fine.

However, I'd like to execute different actions for return,
shift+return, alt+return, ctrl+return and even the combinations thereof.

The "activate" signal however is only emitted if just return is pressed
without any modifiers. How do I solve this problem? TIA.

--
Stefan Bellon