Re: gtk_drawing_area repaint

Maximo Pech wrote:

Yes.

Most people use a gdk_pixbuf as a backing store.  Draw to that, then
draw that to the gtk_drawing_area on expose.  This is known as
double-buffering.  If you don't double-buffer, then yes you will have to
redraw everything every time the window is exposed.

and can i do double-buffering with a gtk_layout too?

I imagine that you could buffer gtk_drawing_area widgets within the gtk_layout. I've never used the gtk_layout before, so I don't konw exactly how this widget works.

Michael

--
Michael Torrie <torriem chem byu edu>