Re: Compiling GTK on Intel Xscale processor

You need to get a cross compile toolchain.  Is this for a particular
device?  You can find a nice already made tool chain at pdaxrom.org for
the Zaurus CL-xxx series PDA (SDK = cross compile, Native SDK = build on
the device), and openembedded.org is working on something that is
suppose to be a unified tool chain for all embedded style systems.

If you want to try it out on your own, you can visit
linuxfromscratch.org.  Play around with building a tool chain for your
desktop or laptop, and then learn how to modify the process for XScale
(arm26).

One last place to look for info is Ian's homepage.  He is working on the
arm26 architecture of the kernel.  They have stopped development on 2.4
and are now focusing on 2.6.  You can download arcem (environment that
lets you test arm26 based ROM images) there.

Hope this helps...

Nick