Re: button_press_event for custom widget

Hi Tristan!

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 09:50:21 -0500, Tristan Van Berkom said:

[...]
Why are you creating a GtkDrawingArea ?, this widget already *is* a
drawing area, "events" on this widget come from the gdk layer from

Ouch, that hurts. :-) That happens if one tries to do something while
knowing and understanding only half of what one does. But I have to admit
that it makes sense this way... ;-)

`GTK_WIDGET(widget)->window', so usually you need to do
gtk_widget_set/add_events (widget, event_mask), in the init function:

gtk_spect_vis_init (GtkSpectVis *spectvis)
{
    GtkWidget *widget = GTK_WIDGET (spectvis);
    gtk_widget_add_events (widget, GDK_BUTTON_PRESS_MASK);
}

Thanks a lot. It actually works if one does it right.

Ciao
Florian

PS: Sorry for the delay in my reply but all my other mails had been
blocked by the mailinglist software due to my attached gpg signature. I
wonder why...