GtkTextView sometimes freezes

I'm adding text into GtkTextView. If my function is called with notNULL
text tag that text is inserted with applied tag otherwise just plain
text is inserted. The incomming that comes from socket (dunno if this
can be a problem). My problem is, that apllication sometimes freezes.
From my debug tests I see that I've received that text, send it to my
function and after calling this code the window is frozen. I really
don't understand why is it so :(

gtk_text_buffer_get_start_iter (text_buffer,&iter);
if (the_tag != NULL)
        gtk_text_buffer_insert_with_tags(text_buffer,&iter,
        g_utf8_normalize(the_text,-1,G_NORMALIZE_ALL),-1,the_tag,NULL);
else
        gtk_text_buffer_insert(text_buffer,&iter,
        g_utf8_normalize(the_text,-1,G_NORMALIZE_ALL),-1);

--
 ()-()          Radek "RAT" <radekvokal centrum cz>
  \"/