Re: Prevent to exec second copy of application
- From: Andreas Volz <andreas volz brachttal net>
- To: jakonda jakarta <janjakon mail ru>
- Cc: gtk-app-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Prevent to exec second copy of application
- Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 14:34:35 +0100
Am Sat, 13 Nov 2004 14:41:53 +0300 schrieb jakonda jakarta:
May be there is another algorithm to prevent starting second copy of
application in the same dipslay?
a very easy idea is to use a lock-file. Just create a file in
/var/lock/yourapp. And if you start the application see if that file
exists. The only problem is if your app doesn't close propper. Then
there's an lock file. But perhaps there're some good concepts to handle
this, because lot of apps do it this way.
] [Thread Prev