Re: using winapi in gtk

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004, Hubert Sokolowski wrote:

I was wondering if this is possible to use winapi in gtk on windows, for example a dialog window for selecting files or some drawing primitivies like lines, points etc.

Yes, it's possible. Personally, I use the native win32 file open/save dialogs in the win32 port of my gtk app, because they are familiar to Windows users while the gtk versions are not. As for drawing primitives, I would recommend using gdk functionality.

The win32 api is absolutely horrible to program for; I use it only if there is a strong reason.

http://ricardo.ecn.wfu.edu/~cottrell/gtk_win32/

Allin Cottrell