Re: compiling on cygwin

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 14:46:59 +0100, Pieter Engelen
<engelen pieter gmail com> wrote

(I assume the missing space in front of --cflags was a typo?)
 indeed

Switch
the cflags and libs. It's also customary to name the output file
before the object (or source) files. I.e.:

 I can not do that, because pkg-config --libs gives>
-+-WL,--export-dynamic option and the WL option should be the fist
 option according to the man from ld.

gcc -o hello `pkg-config --cflags gtk+-2.0` -Wall -g hello.c
`pkg-config --libs gtk+-2.0`

I have tryed it but I get hello.c -WL,--export-dynamic no such file or directory

 Do know a solution?

BTW, I hope you aren't using the prebuilt Win32 GTK DLLs from
www.gimp.org/win32/ when building a Cygwin application? That's not
supported, and will cause trouble sooner or later once you move on
from hello world to a real application. For Cygwin, use GLib and GTK
built for Cygwin. (No, I don't know where to find fresh binaries.)

 I am using the binairies from gtk2 on cygwin.
 http://web.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~s01397ms/cygwin/index.html.en

 Thanks for your help.