Re: Setting the background color of a GtkFixed

Tapan Satpathy Ansuman-A19108 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks. This worked well for me.

I have two more questions.

Is it possible to make the widget transparent ? I want to put my Frame as a child of the fixed of another
Frame, and I want to make the child transparent. Is there any way?
I think there's no easy way. Gdk window can have transparent background [1], but many widgets (like GtkFixed) dont have corresponding gdk windows [2]. There's container with corresponding gdk window - GtkLayout [3], try it instead of GtkFixed.

[1] http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gdk/gdk-Windows.html#gdk-window-set-back-pixmap [2] http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkWidget.html#GTK-WIDGET-NO-WINDOW-CAPS
[3] http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkLayout.html

Seocond,

In frame heirarchy [Considering my approach to frame, ie, Frame = frame + fixed], if I make a hirearchy of
frames, the child frames are drifted right. I am putting the child frame in (0, 0) of the parent frame's
Fixed. I think this is happening because of the border of the frame, can I avoid this?

This for reference.
Any widget packed inside the frame will be shifted right by the frame's side border width. You can't avoid this. Maybe you just dont need frames in some cases ?

   Olexiy