Re: Piping stdout/stderr to a textview widget

On Tue, 2004-11-09 at 23:46 -0500, Allin Cottrell wrote:
On Tue, 9 Nov 2004, Tony Freeman wrote:

How does one pipe the stdout/stderr from the popen command to a
textview widget?

A long while back (January 2004 perhaps), somebody posted some source
code to do something similar to what you're asking. I've attached it to
this post, so take a look at it (it gets the output from a wget download
and places the output into a GtkTextView).

Hope this helps (and I hope the person that coded this doesn't mind me
reposting this)

 - darren