Re: newbie- problem with GTK

--- nimalan s <nimsiva yahoo com> wrote:

Hi everybody,
 I am Nimalan.This is my first mail to this group.Pls
excuse me incase if i commit any mistakes.
I am trying to update my GTK library to GTk-2.4.9,I
could say I am almost fedup now with errors and
debugging process.I managed to install Pango
1.4.1,Glib 2.4.5,ATK 1.x,successfully.But I get the
error
Pango 1.2.0 with xft backend error.I thought xft2 was
not installed and tried to install and now it says
that xrender.h not found,when i try to install xrender
it gives the error x not found or disabled.But i have
a doubt at this point if I have to install these many
packages to update my Gtk lib.I would like to know if
iam going in the right way,or is there any simple way
to overcome this problem.
thanks for help in advance,
Nimalan

  Follow the steps described here in this doc:
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.4/gtk/gtk-building.html

  If you follow it step-by-step, it will be unlikely that you will get any
errors.

 Regards,

Harring.