Re: manual pages

Dnia 01-11-2004, pon o godzinie 08:46 +0100, David Necas (Yeti) napisał:
Umm. In other news, you can use .devhelp files directly with DevHelp,
and have all of its matching capabilities available :)

Well, the last time I tried it, it doesn't have approximate
matching (like returning the name with lowest Levenshtein
distance) so it was useless for misspelt and poorly
remembered names.

well, yes, but OTOH you can edit search term interactively, which
greatly increases your chances of finding the correct one eventually

Together with
DevHelp come two tiny functions (for Emacs and Vim) to call DevHelp with
symbol at point as argument[1].

Beside that, dillo launches in zero time -- compared to
devhelp.

Just keep the devhelp open? I see no problem here, I have devhelp open
basically all the time

Cheers,
Maciej

--