Re: manual pages

Thank you David and Maciej for your replies,

Nevertheless I would like to point out some advantages of man pages:

1. it comes in handy when you know the function name and just want to
    quickly double check the signature and function arguments without
    spending more than 5 seconds on it (but it takes 5 seconds just to
    get mozilla or devhelp up, maybe 8 seconds... it comes down to speed).

2. You may not be connected, hence man pages are better in that situation.

-----------------

Finally, I think apt-get is a debian command isn't it? I'm running Fedora and
have yum, but that's about it it seems. Anyways, I have dev help. I hate
having to use the mouse but anyways. It'm just used to this neat CTRL-Z
to stop and bring up the man page, scroll, press q...

Hmm... guess what, if none is available I might develop a command line
version of devhelp since I love the command line so much! I hate having
to use the mouse cause it's a slow thing I've got to reach for far far away
from the keyboard. :-)

Anyways, I'm half joking, but might implement a command line version of
devhelp for real if I have time :-) there's not much to the GUI anyways,
hmm... an ncurses based version wouldn't hurt (rpm -qi ncurses). But
most of us will have our hands on an xterm anyways when coding,
so why not just keep it all accessible from there. :-) After all, it is
documentation for developers, not for end users...

Thank you for your replies,

Neil