Events documentation

Hello:

Is there any place I can find good documentation about GTK events?
Most of docs in the API reference says things like:

The "event-after" signal
void        user_function                  (GtkWidget *widget,
                                            GdkEvent *event,
                                            gpointer user_data);

widget :
the object which received the
signal.
event :

user_data :
user data set when the signal
handler was connected.

Which is really nothing for me, I can not understand when this event (or
any other) raises, or why...

Regards,

Daniel Campos

--
Daniel Campos <danielcampos netcourrier com>