Re: get interface pointer, how?

On Tue, 2004-05-25 at 08:07, ext Ian Zimmerman wrote:
Hi, I read both the GLib/GObject reference manual and mathieu gnu org's
Maman/Papa tutorial, but I still can't figure out the most basic thing
about interfaces: how to actually GET one?  I am not creating or
implementing one, I just want to use it.

Specifically, GListStore is said to implement GtkTreeSortable.  So,
given a GListStore*, how do I get the GtkTreeSortable*?

sortable = GTK_TREE_SORTABLE (store);

It's almost like using objects in other languages, except that in C you
need the explicit cast, like with widgets already.  That could be
shortly mentioned in gtk tutorial, but I can't remember for sure.

--
Tommi Komulainen <tommi komulainen nokia com>